a reluctant car passenger's praise




Train travel does suit me better - the rhythm of the wheels, the wheezing feeling of tracks, the excitement of the stations, ...

 In cars I get sick (unless drugged), the noise gives me a headache (the travel sickness pills too) and I'm usually bored because I can't read (which would set my eyes and stomach swimming) and because I can't get up and take a walk if I want to. (I'm indeed a dreadful passenger, either nagging or else cloaked in suffering silence).

And yet, there's one visual aspect regarding which I do concede that cars are superior to trains: as a front seat car passenger you get a full frontal view with a marvelously continuously moving vanishing point.  (I'm a dangerous passenger, too. Brandishing my camera and blocking the driver's view into the side mirror). 








No comments: